About me

On watch

Ahoy there furiends!

My name is Bailey Blue! I’m a male seal point Siamese. I was born on the 9th of July 2011 in the South of France and was destined to become a boat cat. I’m a fearless feline who loves nothing better than a salty sea breeze ruffling through my fur. I enjoy panoramic horizons, inky sunsets, and starlit fishy feasts. I dislike dinghy devils (known to some humans as seagulls I believe) because they’re an annoying nuisance.

I live on my beloved boat in a port just outside the ancient city of Rome with two human members of crew. My human ‘mum’ is a cool Cornish lass and my human ‘dad’ is an awesome Irish Aussie. Together we have a shared dream to throw off the bow lines and go cruising. We don’t have a set route as such because we intend to be doing this for a long time so there’s no rush. We’d love to see more of the Med, do the Pacific circuit, the Northwest Passage looks like it would be a pawesome challenge and purrsonally I’d like to head to Alaska to see the bears! It would be nice to think that one day we might even do a circumnavigation but we’re happily going with the flow at the moment.

We’ve already made progress since we decided to go for it. To begin with mum and I were commuting between a flat in Nice France and the boat here in Rome Italy and now we’re all happily living aboard full-time. The projects that we’ve been working hard on have all been geared to getting the boat ready for cruising safely and comfortably. Once the cruising kitty and the boat are equally ready we’ll be setting off. Until then we’ll be purring along the Italian coast and islands.

I’m very happy you came aboard to say ‘Hi’ please feel free to stick around and enjoy the fun. You can also sign up to stay updated on all my adventures.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Love and Bisous (French kisses)

Bailey

TwitterFacebookPinterestYoutubeGoogle+

Bailey Boat Cat

Comments

1. Hey Baily, thanks for the like!

2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Much appreciated. Nocturne looks amazing!

3. You and your boat are both very beautiful. I am reminded of the story that my mother told of a pet raccoon named Aloysius who sailed down to Virginia Beach on the Intercoastal Waterway on the family boat. Evidently someone taught him to go to the bathroom over the side of the boat…have you figured that trick out yet?

4. Great photo, and you seem to have some pretty cool parents!

5. Nice boat Bailey. I have my own lifejacket – can I come aboard?

6. artscottnet says:

A handsome Siamese you are, and the Nocturne is amazing. Fortunate you are to have some cooperative, obedient humans to shuttle you around. I look forward to reading up on your adventures. Thank you for clicking on my blog recently, is much appreciated. I won’t offer you treats, like a mere kitty; I understand Siamese are more, discerning, sophisticated, so I shall leave some proper gourmet snacks on the shiny platter for you to enjoy if and when you choose to. Cheers, good sailing, ~Scott PS Loving that life jacket you’re sporting.

7. Absoultely love this blog! You always bring a smile to my face when I hear about your adventures!

8. Congratulations, Bailey!

I have nominated your blog for the Shine On Award.

More about this nomination is at

9. What a gorgeous boy! Makes me miss my Siamese from childhood, Miss Kitty!

10. Thank you for stopping by and liking my latest blog post. As a new blogger, it’s great to get positive reinforcement from those more experienced than I (even if they are feline in nature. 🙂

11. Hi Bailey, Love your boat and your humans sound like OK people. Sorry abut the garbage bin pic, no offence meant. Thanks for visiting our blog. Happy sailing.

12. What a charmed life you have, Bailey!

13. Dear Bailey, I love your blog! Shhhh don’t tell my pup Abraham. Thanks for stopping by!

14. Hey Bailey, I just found you through restlessjo’s blog, and so glad I did – you are awesome!

15. Bailey…you are GORGEOUS! Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your family sounds wonderful- and clearly they love you very much- you even have your own life vest!!

16. Patty Mejia Burke says:

Thank you for visiting my blog and liking my Wordless Wednesday! You look like an awesome Siamese. We used to sail but never took our cats. Now if they find out about you, they’ll be so jealous!

17. Hi Bailey. We share a birthday, only I am 48 years older. My wife and I want to live on a boat in a few years and will be taking our two cats with us. Just curious what problems you have encountered. Do you mind that you don’t have much room to run around? Did you ever fall in the water?

18. Bailey I love your blog. I am now a follower. Happy sailings 🙂

19. Top looking cat, and what a talent. Just pooped by to say thanks for the like on “Green Door Contrasts”. Really appreciated.MM

20. Wish I was a boat cat! thanks for the Like– looking forward to following your adventures 🙂

21. Just stumbled upon your site and LOVE it! I’m a cat blogger, too, living outside Boston, Mass. check out my site when you can xo LMA

p.s. where did you get that life jacket? I LOVE it,

and, yes, thank you for highlighting World Oceans Day. I spend some blog time trying to raise awareness for access to clean healthy water. Love to see another cat out here on the same page, xo LMA

22. Hi Bailey Blue! thanks for the like on my blog, it was puuuurdy cool to have you visit!

23. Woooowoooooooo! I’ve nominated you for an award: http://haikubyku.com/2013/06/17/wooooowooooo/
    Ku

24. oldsalt1942 says:

Cool…my birthday is July 9th, too. But 1942. I ran a large sailboat in Antibes, France for nearly three years.

25. You look like a very curious cat!

26. Hello Bailey, thanks for visiting and liking WoollyMuses blog. I would like to follow your adventures and see what you get up to.

27. Nice to meet you Bailey Blue!

28. What a pretty cat love that life jacket.

29. You lucky dog…I mean cat. Hope you can swim well like my Sundogs. Thanks for stopping by and liking my post. JD

30. Fiona Joyce says:

Hi Bailey! Thank you for liking my blog a-cat-a-day.com. I have to say that my stay-at-home kitties seem pretty feeble compared to an adventurer like you. I adore your photographs and really admire your mum and dad’s photography skills. I have followed your blog, so I don’t miss a thing and I’m going to mention you in today’s post. Perhaps, if you’re feeling generous, you might like to be a guest star on A Cat A Day one day? Just let me know! Finalement, je veux bien savoir si vous parlez français aussi bien que vous parlez anglais! J’adore les chats bilingues! Florence, Percy, Willow et Milka vous font des gros bises de chat =^.^=

31. Hi there, I would like to nominate your blog for The Versatile Blogger Award.

Please understand that there is absolutely NO obligation to accept, repost or follow any of the VBA rules (which can be quite tedious). I nominated you because I really enjoy your blog but don’t want to inconvenience you in anyway.
    You can see my VBA post where I linked to you at http://rubytheblacklabrador.wordpress.com/2013/06/23/the-versatile-blogger-award
    The VBA is a “chain-letter” award. More about it at http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com

Keep blogging!

32. Maggie Beck says:

Thanks ever so much, Bailey, for liking my post today on Tide Line Still Life. I thoroughly enjoyed perusing through posts about some of your adventures! Keep on loving the sea!

33. Bailey, it looks like you’ve well figured out what many of us humans strive a lifetime to get. Thanks for the “like.” I look forward to following your adventures.

34. Thanks for liking some recent blog posts.

35. Bailey you are quite the handsome sailor! Stay safe out there, and thanks for the like on my blog. I’ll be visiting you again soon!

36. Bailey nous sommes ravies de te connaitre, tu es extraordinaire sur le bateau, et magnifique. ronrons d’Opale et SOnye

37. Congratulations, Bailey Blue!

I have nominated your blog for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.

More about this nomination is at

38. carmenaidacreates says:

Bailey,
    We share many things in common. First, Happy Birthday (early) mine is a day before yours on the 8th. When I lived in Venice, Italy for three years – many years ago – I spent all my birthdays in Nice, France. Also, I need to introduce you to a beautiful Persian – Lucy.

Thanks for liking my post on Lock 12. I wish you gentle winds & happy sailings. I’ll visit you often to see how your journey is going… do the same. Also, I’ll post a pic of Lucy soon. Just to tempt you . Carmen Aida

39. so cute,i like you too..

40. I was owned by a Siamese feline years ago…best cat breed ever!

41. Hi Baily, thanks for the like. I used to have a friend named Francis she looked so much like you, you must be related.

42. Amazing cat there! 😉

43. Oh my, aren’t you handsome! A friend sent me your link and stopped by to say hi. Paulette (animal lover)

44. Hi Bailey, thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad you liked it. 🙂 Love reading about your boating adventures. Keep sailing! 🙂

45. Love the little life vest on Bailey.

46. what a cutie! eyes are the same color as the water 🙂

47. Thanks for the like, Bailey. I’ll be checking out your adventures…happy sailing!

48. My three kitty cats, Tiger, Lily and Jonty said to tell you that they think you are absolutely gorgeous! I’m not sure if they would be so happy on a boat, but they have enjoyed reading your adventures with me.

Thanks for stopping by my blog too:)

49. http://silkannthreades.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/2557/ This post was for you Bailey so you could see some of the boats that made me seasick but also happy 🙂

50. Thanks for the like Bailey and so pleased to have made your acquaintance 🙂