My human wants to be masterful!

Furiends as most of you know my human really wants to be a writer. Of course she was proud of me when I got my book deal, but I think she was also a little green eyed that I managed to beat her to it!

I’m proud of her determination though. She applied to do a master’s degree in professional writing and today she had her interview. I don’t want her to know, but I put in a good purr for her with the humans at Falmouth University beforehand. I think her pawesome referees Jess and Jane must have said nice things about her too. Thank you both very much!

The interview went well and my human was very happy to be offered a place on the course! She’s going to do it part time over two years so that we can continue to travel and of course she will still need lots of free time to pamper to my needs!

Since I’m a published pawthor already, I’m fairly confident I will be able to help her with her studies when she starts in January. For now though, I’m back to trying to beat the heat in the marina. The humans have got me on the lead outside today because yesterday I got into trouble. I ran away and found an open porthole in our furiend Nessa’s boat. I got in at about 10AM and refused to get out until I was hungry at 7PM. It was just as hot in Nessa’s boat, if not hotter than Nocturne, since Nessa’s not here and her boat is all closed up, (Nocturne has lots of airflow) but I just fancied a change. I can’t wait to get underway again, I’m really missing the breeze in my fur.

In the cockpit

Water on my head!

Cold water on my head and in my fur will have to do for now!

Comments

1. Congratulations to your human for being accepted in the course. Bailey, I know you are all about adventures and exploring but please be safe while you are doing it. Otherwise you’ll be stuck on that lead!

Liked by 2 people

2. Concatulations to your human! 😺 I know she’ll make it worth all your support!

Liked by 2 people

3. msphoebecat says:

Concatulations to your Mom on her new studies and future as a writer! With you as an experienced pawthour to mentor her she will have nothing but success. You were a sweetheart to give her a good reference, that along with her talent made it a given she would be accepted.
    Bailey, what are we going to do with you?! Your misbehaving antics are a riot but I’m sure at the time you ran off in to Nessa’s boat, you had your humans worried to death. You need to stay in the cool Nocturne so you do not get over heated silly boy! What would happen if the humans had decided to take Nocturne out for a few days and you refused to come back on the boat, and were left behind?! How could they have survived Captaining the boat without you there to run things?! Remember you have responsibilities– it’s okay to have fun sometimes but you must never again leave the humans unsupervised. We are so glad you are okay and home safe, I cannot say I disagree with your humans using the lead as your punishment. I would use it from now on when docked, as you are far too much an explorer who can disappear! Smooches sweetie! 💋💋💋
    Purrs, Clove, Kaspars, & Mom

4. You are a monkey! Must not keep doing those things, having your humans soooo worried for your safety! Congratulations to your mom! I am sure she will write some awesome things with your supervision! Montyxx

5. Diane sargent says:

Uh oh… Your recent adventures -fun as they were for you–have led to this. A lead. You are just going to have to wear it. Remember: as my Burmese cat Spenser used to say..”Safety First” !!!!!!

6. You really are such a bad boy going on adventures like that! Curiosity and all that cat stuff. Congratulation to Mum on being accepted into her program. She’ll do very well with that.

7. Bailey, is that any way for a writing tutor to behave? 😉

8. pilch92 says:

That is wonderful news and good that she will still have time to cater to your every whim.

9. Karen Kier says:

Bailey, our mom has been writing too and we wanted to send you this piece she has written. She’s making a journey through breast cancer and is just about there, with only 5 more radiation treatments to go. We keep her company when she gets home and takes a nap, and sit close by when she’s composing on her computer. We’re attaching one of the pieces for your Mum to read — we especially like it (it’s about sharks)! Amanda and Lee Lee

10. You’ll be a wonderful helper for your mom in her writing course, B. You’ve been there done that already! Welcome to the world of the leash.

11. Jeanette Cole says:

Bailey that was naughty, having your humans in such a tizzy.

12. Stella Boatman says:

Hi Bailey, first a hurt paw from jumping and now running away and hiding all day! What is up with you? Your blue leash is beautiful and really makes your blue eyes sparkle.

13. sarledge1 says:

Congrats to your human! I’m sure you will be a huge help to her in her Masters program! You stop running off, Bailey…I’d have a heart attack if you were my fur kid and went missing!

14. Congrats to your human…and good luck to her in her Masters program. 🙂

15. Concats to your Mom 🙂
    Glad she is taking her time so she can treat you as you deserve to be treated !
    Now, about your running away… that’s really testing your Mom :/
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

16. Congratulations to your humum.

17. Cheeky, naughty, Bailey! (but, I understand…hehehe…anything to keep cool and amused). Re your human’s Masters course, I have no doubt you’ll be right there, next to her keyboard, patting out the occasional correct misspelled word for her… 😎

18. Concats to your human! You need to be careful about taking off, Bailey! Sometimes bad things happen to cats that do that 😦

19. Bailey, you rascal! Remember, the grass is NOT always greener on the other side; nor is the air cooler on another boat! Stay put, please, dear fellow. Noccy needs you! Please extend our concatulations to your mum on her new venture. We are sure your teaching and mentoring skills will help her get that degree in no time!! Pat

Concatulations to your mom ! Purrs

Bailey, you have got to stop being such a naughty boy. You are giving your parents too much stress. Concats to Mom Lou on getting into graduate school. XOCK from your brofur and sisfurs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

22. Congratulations to your human Mum! You might like to tell her that I’m in the second year of the same course (final stretch: yay!) if she wanted any inside info…